Friday, June 10, 2011

What To Do With An Extra Benny ~

Lets play pretend~

Lets pretend you had an extra $100 to spend on summer clothes – what would you buy?
And thanks to the glut of cheap fashion nowdays you can find fashion everywhere. Many malls and websites are filled with markdowns but I tend to enjoy fast fashion chains like Target and H and M Stores that carry designer labels but at extremely low prices- seems to be the new trend. Top designers like Vera Wang have now made their way into vast retailers such as this with the same edgy, fun style but literally hundreds of dollars cheaper.  Of course the fabrics are not as fancy but to get you through the summer - well its not even a question.  Lets get started~

Here Celeste's top three picks for summer fun.

  1. the maxi dress – we have blogged about this before, I am in love with the maxi dress. I think they are so fun and can be dressed up or down, paired with a denim jacket or a wrap – they are simply the perfect dress for summer – guaranteed. They can be dressed up or down and that is why I love them.
  2. the sheer wrap – gauzy material is really in right now and a great light weight scarf is perfect for summer. Wear it as a full body wrap, tie it around your neck as a scarf or if you have a smaller version you can wrap or tie it around your head as a headband.The wrap is my staple item all year long - they are easy enough to throw in your bag and have to add a little extra "punch" to an outfit or take off a chill on those cooler summer nights.
  3. costume jewelry – stacks of bracelets are a must . pile them on ! You can buy bracelets now sold in stacks.  I love bracelets and my motto is the more the merrier!!! Faux cocktail rings, faux diamond hoops and other fun pieces help you express who you are. I tend to opt for one main fun piece - too much costume jewelry is overkill - just my thoughts on this !
I promise you if you have $100 and go to a broad retailer like the ones mentioned earlier I will guarantee you can get all of these items and then maybe even have a few dollars left for some cute flip flops and a latte.

I am curious – what fun outfits would you create with your $100 ?

4 comments:

  1. I was actually just planning on purchasing my first maxi dress contemplating on the $118 one or not. That's my vote!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I would pick up some sandals. Like those turquoise ones from Banana Republic that were on my Turquoise Thursday. Might be able to get two pairs for a Benny!
    www.crystalcattle.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well a good start was a $3.73 pair of shorts from the loft...I think this could be a fun challenge Celeste! Repurpose and adding finds...now you have me thinking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Much like Celeste, I would start at the clearance rack at Kohl's! Designer stuff at deep discounts and then on clearance too! I'm sure I could also put together a great outfit with shoes and accessories for $100 at TJ Maxx! However I am Maxi dressed challenged. I don't think they look good on me. An dregardless, with $2 flip-flops at Old Navy in EVERY color, there is no excuse not to have matching shoes.

    ReplyDelete