I have been blessed in life with a swarm of friends ! Since I have a small family my friends have become an extension of my bigger circle. They mean the world to me and I think it is very important to tend to them properly. So today I thought why not mix it up a bit and jot down a few tips on what I think is an outline for being a good friend. With the help of “How To Live Like a Lady” by Sarah Tomczak I have created a list: ( because being ultra-anal I like lists)
Tips on Being a Good Friend
- Phone when you say you will
- Always remember their birthday
- Don’t tell their secrets
- Don’t be judgmental
- Always be a shoulder to cry on or a place of celebration
- Return what you borrow, cleaned and in good condition
- Don’t gossip about a friend behind their back
- Let them sleep on your sofa if they miss their flight, the train, has a fight with their spouse or too tipsy to drive home
- Don’t comment on their weight unless of course they ask you
- Don’t copy a girlfriends style – create your own
- Help with job applications, moving to a new home and planning their kids birthdays
What are your tips to being a good friend? Lets share them!!
My friends are a blessing in my life~ not sure what I’d do without them !
I love you more and cherish you more than you will ever know !
Cheers to each and every one of you !
Thank you for adding that special sparkle to my life!