Friday, October 7, 2011

A "Bombtastic" Evening

This past week I had the opportunity to do the invocation at the California Farm Bureau California Bountiful Gala. It was a wonderful night honoring long time friend of agriculture, Cotton Rosser.  The evening was filled with unforgettable moments and people who inspire me.  I was like a little girl in a candy shop visiting all the wonderful people, some that were longtime friends, others I had just met. I scurried from group to group to make sure I did not leave anyone out !  While  there I met one of my all time favorites Baxter Black. I remember seeing him many years ago at the American Junior Hereford Association Convention in Kansas City- he made an impression on me then and still does today.

He took time to visit with me and to me that meant so much since there were so many folks clamoring around wanting a photo op or to bend his ear.  Words of encouragement in those couple minutes will last forever.

What a gem of a young man.  Baxter – you are the real deal.  Thank you for carving out time in your busy evening to spend with me!  You are bombtastic!


~Sometimes you meet someone that touches you and leaves an impression.  And for that you are so ever grateful ~

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I've been following you for awhile and had no idea it was you Celeste! I'm from Kansas and we met at AAW national convention. We hope you can make it to KS we have awesome things in store!
    Follow me at http://homeontherangeexchange.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that your blog is about ag and fashion!! And your dress is beautiful!!

    Sarah from The House That Ag Built

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome outfit! You look radiant.
    www.crystalcattle.com

    ReplyDelete