Friday, April 15, 2011

"MAXium Style" ~ Fashion Friday

Its a Fashion Friday and today I want to share one of my favorite things ~ The Maxi Dress!
I absolutely Love Love Love this look!   You might have a few questions so here we go~

What is Maxi Dress?

Maxi Dress is a dress with formfitting at the top and loose flowing at the bottom, cut to flow over the body. Maxi Dress usually made out of cotton or polyester. They come in a variety of necklines, colors and patterns. The word "Maxi" come from "Maximum" since this dress is long or maximum length, and it's bring a maximum comfortable to wear. Usually maxi dresses are comfortable and stylish, so it's best for any occasion.

( for the record- I am not endorsing these stars just thought the dresses were cute :)
love the first one !!!)

What shoes do you wear with a Maxi?

Personally I like to wear strappy sandals or flip flops for a laid back look.  Some say you can wear high heels but I think they look better as a casual look - just me.  Dont forget to paint your toes in a fun color, remember we need to go for the complete look!

Why would you wear a Maxi Dress?

I think they are fun and easy!  I tend to like them because I think they look good on everyone.  Some of us girls are a bit more generous than others and with a Maxi Dress you can go fitted, loose, short or long. They have straps, no straps or a halter version.  I tend to like the fitted top half and a more flowing bottom.  My bum is a bit big so it is a nice cover - you girls know what I mean :)

How do you wear a Maxi Dress?

I think a Maxi Dress looks great with strappy sandals and big chunky bracelets or maybe a long pile of necklaces.  A vintage denim jacket looks great or of course I always throw on a wrap with mine in a fun complimentary color.  Remember , my wrap is a Celeste Staple !!  I also think Maxis look great with a bit of a tan - if you are not one to worship the golden sun I love the wide variety of tanning sprays and cremes out there, they do work really well and give you a hint of the sun ! 

Until next time~ Have a fashionable day!

Side Note for my Cow Peeps~
 how about those cattle prices?  Wow - we are having a rockin good spring!!!!  We will talk cows next time!!

4 comments:

  1. Alright I have been loving the Maxi dress for a long time but I never buy one. They aren't always long enough on my tall frame but I think you just pushed me to try one for the summer! I may have to have a collection of them because they always look so comfy to me.
    Love your fashion blog Miss Celeste. I was downtown San Fran last night with Nancy G and talking about your fashion flare!
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Maxi Dresses too, so easy to throw on an go. I have the exact opposite trouble of Katie, since I am shorter, I have to be careful about length so they don't drag on the ground.

    www.crystalcattle.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think they are beautiful and look so comfortable but I can't seem to find one that doesn't make me look or maybe just feel like I am preganant - and after 3 kids - I don't want to feel that way or have anyone think I am! But I am with you on the hiding my rear and in my case my thighs!

    Love reading your blog!

    http://jentsfrontporch.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so appreciate all of your thoughts - hmmm Jent I can see where you might think that - I say give it a try - who cares!! If someone asks " are you expecting? just answer - nope - they probably wont say much more :)
    They really are quite fun and extremely comfortable - Crystal they do have some in shorter versions you might be able to find and Katie - sheeesh you are model tall - we dont want to talk to you -just kidding :)

    ReplyDelete