Wikipedia Definition of the Saddle Shoe~
“The saddle shoe is a low-heeled, oxford, casual shoe characterized by a plain toe and distinctive, saddle-shaped decorative panel placed mid foot. Saddle shoes are typically constructed of leather and are most frequently white with a black saddle, although any color combination is possible.
Saddle shoes are worn by both men and women in a variety of styles ranging from ultra high platforms to golf cleats.
According to the New York Times, in the United States, saddle shoes have enjoyed a recent comeback among males in their teens, twenties, and thirties.”
And I have personally seen older gentlemen sporting their saddles.
To fresh up the old version of the saddle shoe color blocking is all the rage. I recently saw these in a recent shopping trip.
Not sure how long this will stay in vogue but if you have a pair pull them outta the closet and how about trying some new colored laces to freshen them up? Thinking a cheap alternative to a new look.
Another find – colored soles on casual shoes ~ Everywhere!
Friday, January 27, 2012
Friday, January 20, 2012
Faux fur vests are all the rage ~ its simple ~ you need one !
Whether it is short fur or shaggy fur the vest should be a staple in your closet. They look so great over a crisp white shirt and a pile of chunky pearls paired with jeans or a fun skirt , tights and boots !
Not so adventurous how about just a simple short hair version paired with a classic long sleeve tshirt and some slacks or jeans?
Not sure where to look for one check out this out- there are all sorts of lengths, patterns and price ranges! I can bet you will find something you like!
Wednesday, January 18, 2012
Hopefully by pulling out my new MONET rainboots ~ rain will come to California
California Agriculture is is much need of rain from our crops to our cattle and everything in between!
Friday, January 13, 2012
“Innovation! One cannot be forever innovating. I want to create classics”
Fashion Shopping Tips
1. Spend money on great shoes because they can make or break an outfit. You can even wear them with jeans and look fabulous!
2. Buy items that fit your lifestyle. If you know you are going to live in your jeans then it is ok to spend $150 a pair especially if you had to try on dozens to find the right fit. Buy clothes to suit your lifestyle.
3. Spend money on staples on shoes, bags, a cashmere sweater, a black pair of pants and skimp on belts, socks, trendy tops, scarves, hats and sunglasses. .
4. Before you shop know what you own. Make a point to go through your closet at the beginning of every season. Organize your closet by colors and season – sounds crazy but really worth it!
5. Invest in undergarments because the right foundation garments can make everything you own look better – I learned this from my mom – wearing good underware is a must!!!
6. Tear out magazine photos of neat outfits you wish to emulate- or take photos of store front mannequins.
Celeste’s Closet Staples
· White shirts – long sleeve,short sleeve and tank
· Nice large bag
· Camel trousers
· Strand of pearls with earrings
· Simple wrap dress
· Timeless watch
· Sunglasses to suit your face J
· A great pair of cowboy boots
Friday, January 6, 2012
You know my motto is “we can’t talk cows all the time”, but we can when we can incorporate it with a livestock magazine that mixes livestock and fashion, right?
I enjoy reading livestock magazines and I even love it more when they include a fashion section! Each month DRIVE magazine features a fabulous spot filled with great tips on trendy fashion ~ it is so much fun! What? You have not heard of DRIVE? Well let me tell you I am often a cheerleader of all good things in agriculture and this publication is certainly one to cheer about. DRIVE is a youth livestock publication created by Encore Vision. Their team is forward thinking and their publication is one packed with all sorts of good stuff for young show enthusiasts and then those of us that are still young at heart.
In their January/February online issue (check out page 24) they are having a “Show us Your Style” fashion contest. They will have three separate categories including best showring look, best casual look and best special occasion business look! How fun is this? Voting will take place via the DRIVE face book page and winners will be announced in March. The tough competition starts now and runs through January 30.
Click on this link and get all the information you need!
Do you know a young person that is a Queen or a King of the showring?
Enter now to win all kinds of super cool prizes. Show off your personality in the showring , the barn or around town! Toddlers and Tiaras have nothing on our Ag kids! Good Luck!!!